This document describes how Alternative Financing Options manages personal information.
1. Collecting personal information about you
The kind of personal information we hold.
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities which consist of the origination and administration of loans and related activities. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon your dealings with us and the circumstances in which it was collected, but may include:
- Information you provide to us when you apply for a loan or when you offer to guarantee a loan such as name, address and contact details.
- Financial information about you such as your current asset & liability status.
- Information about any existing loans provided to you such as current balance, loan limit, security offered, details of arrears.
2. Using and disclosing your personal information
The purposes for which we collect and hold personal information and how we use and disclose it.
We respect your privacy. Any personal information which we collect will be used to assess the application and to administer the loan.
In order to do this, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Professional advisers such as solicitors, accountants and appraisers
- Government agencies such as those which administer land titles
- Credit providers such as those that hold a priority mortgage
- Other organizations which participate in funding, providing and administering your loan or the loan you have guaranteed.
- Credit reporting agencies.
3. Security of personal Information
Where we no longer require any personal information for the purpose it was collected, we will take reasonable steps to destroy that information by secure means or to permanently de-identify the personal information from the individual.
4. Access to your personal information
In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to do so, please address Peter Ryan, AFO’s Director: Alternative Financing Options, 86 Snowy Owl Drive, Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 3L3, email@example.com.